February 25, 2010

The Sixth Sense


The Sixth Sense, 1999

Righto, before we get underway this reviewer has to declare something. I love Bruce Willis, I believe Toni Collette is a very talented actress and I don't mind a sniff at M Night Shalalalalah.

However I hated this movie.

It felt the like watching two bottom of the ladder football teams run around the field clumsily, and by the time it came to the result, i was beyond caring.

Don't get me wrong, the M Night 'twist' is a corker but that's about all this movie has to offer. Willis is a cardboard cut-out of his usual self while I just hoped that Haley Joel Osment would join his 'dead people' (in hell, i suspect) for the duration.

There is no movie in history that depends SO heavily on its last 5 minutes to to justify the audiences' attention for the previous 102.

If you have somehow missed this, please run along to rent it ONLY if you are a fan of CBS dramas featuring Jeniffer Love Hewitt.

In a snapshot - poorly acted, amateurish script and at least unbreakable had samuel l jackson.

3/10 (2.9 for the ending)

Midbus

2 comments:

  1. I tend to agree. Although I did need to visit the toilet during the tent in the living room scene. This is my twist picking claim to fame as I remember leaning over to tell my companion - I think Bruce Willis is a ghost. Over the years the timing of said pick has occurred earlier and earlier in the movie until, at last retelling, I said it whilst buying popcorn in the foyer.

    If anything this flick introduced us to M. Night Shammy my car and as a result deserves a little more respect.

    5/10

    Snap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the shit punched out of me no more than 10 minutes after seeing this movie so my judgement is a little clouded. I don't think it's as revolting as Midders' suggests though.

    5/10 Nutbuckle

    ReplyDelete